Medical Fitness

As a rule of thumb, if you are fit for a driver’s licence, then you are most probably fit for flying. Before the solo phase of your practical flight training, ie. flying alone without an instructor, you do need to get a  Class 2 or Light Aircraft Pilot License (LAPL) medical certificate.

You do not need a medical certificate in order to sign up for our courses or to start your theoretical studies; we will guide you through the process in person. However, if you have a doubt about your medical fitness or would just otherwise like to make sure you get it before starting any training, we recommend visiting an aeromedical practitioner first.

Contact details

Please visit Trafi’s web pages for an up-to-date list of Aeromedical Examiners.